View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 06:59 AM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

I thought this episode was great!
It was great to see the family all together again and Elijah and Freya as basically the heads of the household telling Kol what to do and leading the way. It was great to see Hayley working with them in sync too.

It also reminded me of how much I initially disliked Kol--so bloodthirsty--but also of how far he's come because of his relationship with Davina. Originally I found their relationship a bit sappy and ooc for Davina because she fell for him so fast even though she had trust issues and he lied to her. It's clear, however, the impact she has had on him, and the scenes with Josh were great. Ironically, Esther did succeed in helping Kol, despite her methods, by putting him in a human witch's body and removing the bloodlust so that he had a chance to fall in love.

When is Josh going to learn some fighting skills? Surely he was must be kind of strong by now, right? I'd love to see that he can defend himself, although I do love that out of all the characters he doesn't need to fight to prove his manhood or his power and that he is smart enough to back away if he can't win.

I liked the scene between Rebekah and Marcel. I really feel for them, for they never were free to love one another. You can sense all the history between them. This time it's Marcel, however, not Klaus, who is preventing them from being together. His pride and feelings of betrayal. Kol is wrong--he is part of their family by adoption--as is Hayley. He has the kind of power Klaus has-- let's see if it corrupts him as well.

I was so glad to see Cami again and that she helped Klaus overcome his fears and remove the blade. I was disappointed that at first she was acting a bit too pert, like a therapist, rather than someone who loved him--but perhaps that's because she's just a figment of his imagination and he doesn't think he deserves more than "tough love"?