View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 07:38 AM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

How can you say The Beast guy isn't handsome!? He's a very nice looking fellow. (?Dan Stevens). Okay, not gorgeous, hm maybe decent nice looking English guy.

I don't go for blonds either, generally (unless they are super gorgeous - hm, what Podmom said, equal opportunity admirer of nice looking guys), although blue eyes (sigh!) Although since Jason's eyes are brownish hazel.. what's that old song "Beautiful beautiful brown eyes/I'll never love blue eyes again."

"Wizard of Oz' is probably one of the best movies ever made. It was from 1939 and a whole bunch of great movies came out that year. Peak of American cinema, that year.

1939 : It was the greatest year in Hollywood history: 365 films were released and moviegoers were buying tickets at the rate of 80 million a week! What did they get for their money? A feast of light and shadow: The movies of 50 years ago. - latimes

I watched "The Band's Visit" on Netflix, an Israeli movie (2007?) about an Egyptian Police band that comes to Israel to play at some Arab Cultural center opening, but ends up stuck in the wrong town in the middle of nowhere, and the people in the town take them in. The Arabs and Israelis speak English to each other, and Arabic/Hebrew among themselves (there were subtitles). Then I watched the extra stuff and found out the Egyptians were all played by Palestinian actors. Very cool.

I want to go see "Kedi" - movie Ekua would never watch - it's about cats! A documentary about cats in some country ? Turkey, ?Morocco, I forget but it looked very lyrical and soothing.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan