View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Jasper1975
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdemps (View Post)
Derek and Meredith are OTP.

I have no opinion on Nathan, but he's no Derek and never will be. I don't think the show is really trying to have Nathan replace Derek, either, as seen in the last episode. I think Megan will eventually come back, though. I feel as if the writers realize that the vast majority of fans aren't really digging Meredith and a new guy. Sure, there are a few OK with it, but from what I've seen on Twitter most aren't too thrilled about the idea.

I'm not saying that Meredith doesn't have the right to be happy. Sure, she does, but once you lose the love of your life you don't just move on over night or a year or two later. Derek is the father of Meredith's children. He's the first man she ever truly loved. It's not like he's just going away because he's dead. Derek has more of a presence on the show than any other deceased character.
I don't think the show is trying to say Nathan is Derek to Meredith. Currently Meredith is trying to deny anything between them, and partially successful. Mostly it's about Maggie, but I also don't think she's really wanting to have anything serious at the moment, especially in light of the of Derek. He will always be her soulmate, and at the same time, the one who got away when they had so much heartache and love together and yet when she looks at her kids, she sees Derek.

Because she has kids, it makes where she goes romantically all the more difficult. She's taking her time. I like that about the show. They have never pushed into something, it's taking it's time and respecting for Meredith and the viewers, Derek.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!