Thread: Music Lovers
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Ekua
Elite Fan

Podmom that reward thing you did sounds great!! That's definitely something I could do with the kids. Most schools are pretty good about letting you implement your own positive behvaiour/rewards type systems. Although no, you wouldn't be allowed to give out chocolate or anything like that these days! My little primary two kids loved stickers and I did a secret student of the day thing, where they got to pick a wee prize from my secret box (things like erasers, pens that smelled like fruit, colouring books etc).

The older ones I think i'm going to do a popcorn jar....tell them they have 6 weeks to get it filled with kernels and we'll have a popcorn and movie on my last day....we'll see!

Lesson planning is a nightmare....especially now with all the extra you have to do.....all the policy makers who have never been teachers or been in a public school and have absolutely no clue...