View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 03:09 PM
ds44
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Well I was more referring to consequences in the show, I just felt that in season 5 and parts of 6, while Dan didn't do anything Really awful, his mistakes seemed to be washed over rather quickly without much fallout. I only noticed it because I liked him a lot in the first 4 seasons, but then noticed the change in him and i just didn't connect with his character as much after that. Blair was the same, and those seasons were just so plot driven that so many characters were compromised for story. I know Serena screwed up as well though, season 4 was just frustrating! But I felt so sorry for her in season 5 because they made her so alone, and she was getting hated on by a lot of fans so she naturally got my sympathy a little more. And I don't think what they did was unforgivable at all, that's why I was happy with the endgame, I just hated season 6 because they should've devoted more time to them!

Haha I agree Blair got away with a lot in the eyes of the fans. I love both of them but i noticed the bias because I found myself defending Serena a lot because some people were totally unfair to her. that's why I love seasons 1 and 2 because they wrote for BOTH girls as leads, and their relationship as well was a lot better excluding the few fights they had.

Also question for anyone, do you think if Jenny had stayed they would've put her with Nate eventually?
I def think that is where they were headed with Nate but Taylor left and then they didn't know what to do with him. I think Dan and Blair were excused a lot by the writers, but in dan's case only in the last two seasons.