View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Greysjolex
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
but she never apologized in s4. i guess while i hwted how he behaved i understood and when you look at what others have done its peanuts. i just feel like his faults are exaggerated. but what urritates me is that people like to free pass others. i felt like dan was trying to make blair serena.and she ate up all that attention because i think she loved having someone's attention that was always serena's. its like she saw it as karmic payback or sonething. mostly i never believed in his feeling cause they seemed tooted in making serena suffer. as for season 6, i will never understand why he threw a git since he clearly enjoyed being with her. i just felt a lot of stuff was very plotty rather than character driven. i was so annoyed that dan and serena ridnt reunite after 412. they should have.

carter was akways hot, but he reaked of slime. i dudnt hate thd relationship tbh. he was serena's georgina.
Yeah well she apologised to dan and Nate for messing them around and not choosing between them (which she actually did, she chose dan) but she didn't specifically for Ben. Yeah that's true, there has been people that have done worse definitely but I think what irritates me about him though, especially the last 2 seasons is that he didn't take ownership of his mistakes or suffer any real consequences for them like other characters did. For example Chuck made the most mistakes out of anyone that is undeniable, and he got a lot of hate for it which He deserved at the time, I was one of them lol. but he also suffered for them, and eventually took responsibility for the position he ended up in, and had some real growth. That's the only reason I was able to forgive his actions from season 3/4, because he didn't act like consequences were unfounded. The difference for me, is that If dan had acknowledged his actions in seasons 5&6 I would've forgiven them or at least understood them like everyone else. That's just how I see it and why Hes personally not one of my favourites, everyone's different though. I'm still happy with the endgame though!

You make an interesting point about Blair, in that she found it a sort of karmic payback. I think subconsciously she did love when she shone, especially when it was in favour of Serena. It's a real insecurity that stems right from the pilot and something I really wish they had explored better, I think it was an issue that was always underlying SB and it would've been a good character story to go into in the last season. But thing is Serena can't help that she naturally attracts attention or that people just gravitate towards her, she never asked for it! A lot of it was Blair's insecurity and I really wish they put more effort into that because I've always empathised with both of them but it was poorly done at the end.

But I totally agree with you that They shouldve just reunited in 4x12, I wanted that! It was pretty contrived to keep them apart, because Serena had just decided for good that she wanted dan and not Nate, and dan wanted to be with her, so it was really irritating that they made Serena act The way she did and sort of take him for granted. It was absolutely plot driven and that's when the show started to go downhill imo!

Last edited by Greysjolex; 03-19-2017 at 08:16 AM