View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 09:42 PM
ds44
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysjolex (View Post)
Yeah I liked the spark they had but I think I liked them mostly because I knew carter was only going to be around temporarily, and when he came back at the end of season 3 he was really shady and jealous so that was that!

Yeah I liked dan mostly in season 4, probably up until about 4.15. I really liked him in the DS 4x10-4x12 storyline because he was really supportive and believed in her which was lovely. But in regards to Blair I don't like what he said because he only acknowledged parts of her and pretended other parts didn't exist, he said scheming wasn't who she is. Which just isn't really true lol. So even though I was actually entertained by their growing friendship, as soon as he starting talking like that It didn't work for me anymore, felt far too contrived. And then season 5 was when my opinion of him really soured. Yeah and with Serena he was unnecessarily harsh in that book in season 5, and while she lashed out at Blair in the finale (which I don't really blame her for) Dan refused to take any responsibility for them sleeping together and that Didn't sit right with me st all, when it was both of them. I just hate that whole storyline though, eugh they really screwed everyone up in that episode

But in season 4 he had every right to be bitter I agree, at least until she apologised in the finale. I hated Serena's relationships with those stupid guest stars
but she never apologized in s4. i guess while i hwted how he behaved i understood and when you look at what others have done its peanuts. i just feel like his faults are exaggerated. but what urritates me is that people like to free pass others. i felt like dan was trying to make blair serena.and she ate up all that attention because i think she loved having someone's attention that was always serena's. its like she saw it as karmic payback or sonething. mostly i never believed in his feeling cause they seemed tooted in making serena suffer. as for season 6, i will never understand why he threw a git since he clearly enjoyed being with her. i just felt a lot of stuff was very plotty rather than character driven. i was so annoyed that dan and serena ridnt reunite after 412. they should have.

carter was akways hot, but he reaked of slime. i dudnt hate thd relationship tbh. he was serena's georgina.