View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

I'm going to post without reading others first, since hurricane eyes you always see the bs and it's so funny but TO and TVD you kind of have to turn off your critical thinking cap to enjoy these shows sometimes, for there's always plot holes...

I will say I was underwhelmed at first..although I was distracted by a bad recording on my computer GRRRRR.

I think I expected to see more about the werewolves and Hayley's search for them. I thought that could be an interesting angle, learning about what happened to the werewolf packs. I remember how interesting it was at first when Klaus was looking for his bloodline and finding them hiding in the woods. Of course, if the werewolves are just ordinary people and somewhat boring/annoying like the ER doc Hayley kidnapped, maybe that's why? Didn't expect that she would find the cure in the first episode. At least they are realistic that it took her five years. Loved the look Elijah gave Hayley when he appeared beside her after wakening and helping take care of the vampires though.

Freya is like a MACHINE. Almost inhuman in her ruthlessness to protect her family, much in the way Elijah was introduced on TVD.

Little Hope is very cute and I can see a resemblance to Klaus. She still acts like an object rather than an actual character so far, as most kids in shows do--there to protect but not to have individuality. Let's hope that changes, as advertised.

I am intrigued by the unseen occult force shown at the end---witch ghost? Could it possibly be Davina come back to take revenge?

Wow I missed Klaus! I loved when Vincent mentioned Cami and the look on Klaus' face. JM such a fantastic actor. And while I love the softer side of Klaus, it's great to see him behave like an animal again. Clearly he needs more than five years in prison to become rehabilitated. Speaking of which, why is he suddenly in a dungeon and not bricked up in a wall? It's a cool dungeon, but I thought he was in solitary confinement? It allows for convos with Marcel though, and it's great to see those two spar again and for Marcel to have greater importance in the story. I see he has taken over Lucien's digs. Seems he has more in common with the Mikaelsons than he'd like to admit. I hope they continue exploring that.

I loved the opening scene and Vincent as the community leader in the church (never got into the church as a gym). I never realized that in severing the tie with the ancestors the witches are now "free" of them, as he told them in his speech.

Josh! Love his humor with Marcel, Vincent.

Missed the female leads of the Quarter. The single Mom witch could be interesting but not the Melrose Place vampire informant--she annoys me.