Thread: Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 03:17 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, does anyone here actually read The Walking Dead comics? I see a lot of posts about the TV show, but very little about the actual comics.

My biggest problem with The Walking Dead is that Glen Mazzara ruined the show during his two seasons as showrunner when he put Andrea in that horrible storyline involving her with The Governor and then killing her off, which resulted in him getting fired from the show. Scott Gimple ended up giving Andrea's entire storyline from then on to Michonne, and a little of it to Sasha and Carol. But the show deviated way too far from the comics because of that, so for me it's pretty much a totally different story now. And what's really infuriating is that Laurie Holden was originally given an eight year contract and was told by Frank Darabont that she was going to have the same storyline that Andrea had in the comcis, where she's Rick's girlfriend and Carl's adopted mother. But then AMC fired Darabont over budget disputes and he was replaced by the wretched Mazzara, who completely ruined the show during his two season run. Season 2 was boring and pointless, and season 3 was a total mess. Kirkman waited too long to have Mazzara fired, and by then the damage had already been done.