View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 10:26 AM
FoxPhile
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I really wanted to have more emotional fallout over the false pregnancy. And I feel like her crying in Cabe's arms was supposed to be showing she forgave him, but the way it was done, it's like "okay she was breaking and he was who was there." It's not like she had a choice to cry in anyone else's arms. There has to be more residual, complicated feelings over that. But we're not seeing them. And that's frustrating. As much as I love all the emotional stuff we're getting from Happy this season, we should be getting more of it.
Yes. Sometimes I feel like I'm being a bit greedy wanting more since we've gotten such great moments from her this season. But it's exactly those moments that have left me wanting more. Not just because they were great - but because they pose so many questions.

In season 1 we got such a nice sort of complete arc for her - we found out about her dad leaving; then we found out she had tracked him down; then we had the revelation that he knew she was his daughter. And then in S2 she turned to him for help - both for a case and for dealing with some of her feelings about her life and wanting a normal relationship. I know some folks don't care for Patrick, but the story arc itself was nice - there was continuation and follow-up. This season it feels like they drop these little bombshells and then they do it again - drop them never to pick them back up again.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote