View Single Post
Old 03-12-2017, 03:47 AM
Hummelchen
Dedicated Fan

I always check the TVD tags on tumblr, reactions on reddit and other platforms, and I have seen a lot of people disliking the finale, but there were also quite a lot of people who liked it. I am somewhere in the middle

I have seen the ship wars continue even after the finale
People claiming that "their" ship won and was endgame and mocking other ships for not being endgame etc... Or bitter and disappointed fans who don't want to accept that their ship was not endgame and are quite rude towards others.
This is really sad, but unfortunately some fans always feel like they have the right to be rude or make fun of other fans and insult them. However, I feel like I am too old to even care about this
But what I haven't seen AT ALL was people wishing that Caroline would die, too. I haven't seen a single post about this. Maybe I was just looking on the wrong platforms.

Caroline will have a long vampire existence with happy and sad moments, she will make tons of new friends and fall in love again, possibly multimple times and maybe even with Klaus (as hinted in the finale). All of this doesn't mean that she will ever forget Stefan. He will always be the love of her life. And like they both said, they will love each other forever
I just feel for her when I know what she has to go through during the next century.
She will have to watch everyone die. Elena, Damon, Bonnie, Alaric, Josie, Lizzy, Matt, Jeremy and so on. So I can totally see her looking for some vampire-vampire friendships as well.

When I woke up this morning my eyes were swollen from all the crying yesterday
The finale really had me in tears the whole time.
Plus, I think we got two of the best acted scenes of the whole show.
One was the scene of Stefan and Damon fighting over who was going to sacrifice himself, and the other one was Caroline being in the car, finding out about Stefan's sacrifice and calling him. I think the acting was amazing in these two scenes.

I'm glad that I have this thread here to talk about the finale with you guys!