View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Cesar_RJ
New Fan

Hi guys, I just registered myself because I wanted to share my feelings about this episode too.

In general I loved the ending for each character, although some parts were heartbreaking. I think Caroline constantly saying on the phone that she understands why Stefan did that was a way of preparing us and make us sympathize as well with his decision. I mean, if she could understand him, maybe we also could.

Things I hated:
- Damon and Elena never get to really talk at this episode. Although the moment is much more of a "feeling" moment instead of a "talking" one, I'm sure they could put up some good lines. I always enjoy seeing the things Damon says to Elena (also what Enzo says to Bonnie). I'd love to see the deleted proposal scene.
- The fact that they were evacuating the whole town and going through all that trouble because NO ONE could talk Vicky out of it. Like, really? Damon always took harsh measures in these cases. Vicky was only the spirit of a human, she had no powers, so he could just easily have trapped her somewhere, preventing all this mess. But in the end they actually used the hellfire for something so they wanted her to ring that bell, so I guess that's cool in the end...
- But what's with the "ringing every 5 minutes"? Why? Matt didn't have to wait that long the first time he tried that. Why would Katherine give the party so much time to stop her?
- Why did the dagger didn't work properly on Kat? It did on Cade, but why not on Kat if both daggers were supposedly made the same way?
- And don't get me started on Bonnie breaking the coma spell. That's just too easy. But then again, creating a whole freaking universe out of NOWHERE for Enzo was easy. Revealing after 8 seasons that she was a psychic before she realized she was a witch was easy too. Too many things seemed too easy for Bonnie, making her a rather OP character in the series, being able to stand up against the devil himself.
- And although the scenes between both Bonnie and Stefan with Elena in the beginning and middle of the episode were BEAUTIFUL, I really don't get how was that possible. I mean, she was in a coma, she was not dead, she couldn't be in the "beyond", so how could they communicate with her?

Oh well, so many holes, but as I said, I loved the emotional moments and loved that everyone got their peace, one way or another.
Such a memorable show
Now to watch The Originals to help cope with the bittersweet feeling of goodbye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus-Fan (View Post)
Like Stefan gave Damon the cure but how did he know that Bonnie would break the spell or did he just expect her to die while trying to push away the hellfire?
Maybe that was his way of makiing both of them getting what they wanted. Stefan sacrificing himself while making Damon live a life of a human trying to redeem himself in the process (which Damon was trying to do while arguing with Stefan).