View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
the biggest disappointment of the finale for me. They ignored Bamon's existence.

Quote:
I don't ship them romantically, but I really grew to love and appreciate their friendship, so I was shocked there wasn't even one scene in the finale. Shocked and disappointed.
I do, but even as friends, which is canon, how could they?! I re watched this morning, and after Stefan revived Bonnie, I actually went back and counted that there were fifteen minutes where we didn't see her or know what she was doing, until she was in the car leaving with Ric, and I couldn't help but think, "Why would she be in the car leaving with Ric?" Why would the most powerful witch they have not stay and see how she could help? It's Bonnie!! The only way I could see that is if she were still unconscious--alive, but asleep, or felt too weak. Then I saw her look alarmed when Damon was mentioned (although she could be alarmed for Caroline and Ric too. I have to think this is one of those details they forget about when they write these episodes. It's plausible her last spell just wiped her out. But they need to show it or it just looks like they don't care (as usual) about Bonnie and Bamon. Thankfully it was not long before they showed her coming up with a way to help (which again, seems illogical that Bonnie would could pull something that big off unless she hoped she would have the extra help she did indeed get from her Grams, and more.) (You have to apply this to how Bonnie suddenly was able to reverse Elena's curse too. Gee when they do decide to use Bonnie's magic as deus es machima they really go all out don't they?!)

Furthermore, why would Bonnie not even say goodbye to Damon? It makes no sense.

Quote:
we get a Damon/Caroline scene and not Damon/Bonnie???
I know, right? I can see a small Damon/Caroline scene because they are both mourning Stefan, but what's with the head on the shoulder? That should be Bonnie! With time being so limited, why show them, and no Bamon, not even a look exchanged when they are all together, nothing! Even Stelena got homages (which is right) Stonnie (?) got a little something (fitting, seeing he just killed her finance) god, Klaroline got homage, (probably to string those fans into watching the Originals) but NO BAMON!)

Quote:
Hopefully their is a deleted scene somewhere.
My only hope. Indeed, Damon says to Katherine he "just got off the phone with Bonnie" so it seems it may have been cut for time. Oh, he mentioned Bonnie there--I guess that's a little something--"My money's on Bonnie". Indeed, it seems that if the finale had more time we would have gotten something.

Quote:
I'm not happy it's over because while it was still on, there was still a chance for more Bamon
You are right. At the same time I'm glad it's over because I'm tired of being strung along. I really don't like how Bonnie and hence Bamon seem to be the last consideration of the writers. If you think on it, the only major characters are Stefan, Damon, and Elena. Caroline and Bonnie are somewhat minor compared to them. Matt and Ric are even more minor. Yet Bonnie gets something only after Blondie is served, and Matt, and Ric. Don't get me wrong, I like Caroline, but Kat is and Bonnie is phenomenal. At the very least they should both get consideration. I hope it's not intentional but subconscious, but I do think there's some racism and sexism involved.

I liked the finale overall. I didn't expect much, but nothing?

Quote:
I have never posted here before but the finale feels like the right time!

I was a big Damon and Elena fan S1-4. I'm glad they got their ending but I admit there will always be a part of me that thinks what if...... for Damon and Bonnie.

Their chemistry from season 6 onward really was fantastic. I would have loved for them to explore things further with them. They were just so natural together
Welcome Kelly and thank you for keeping an open mind!