View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:56 AM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowMaraTweee (View Post)
this show did this ship so wrong but I'm really gonna miss them, I feel like in my mind the show really ended in that episode where they both had pretend lives&were married because it was just everything I wanted , since epic is their word and the finale has epic in the title I'm crossing my fingers for some se closure at the bare minimum but my expectations are low just in case the show doesn't even give me that ughh so many emotions
I totally agree. I feel really bad for you guys.

I was not a Stelena shipper per se, but having watched this show from the beginning (with less attention to the middle seasons) I always did like them. I have to say that story wise it makes more sense to me. I really thought the show would come back to them; they seemed to be setting them up as OTP. I always liked Damon and how Elena's love inspired him to be good, but I thought he was better (and funnier) as the third wheel. Also, I liked Elena better when she was with Stefan. I found her nicer and less selfish. I liked that Elena was attracted to Damon--the love triangle was interesting AT FIRST. It got really old though! It got to the point that it felt forced, and when Delena happened, and esp. when Elena became a vampire, Delena felt really forced. It was obvious that the writers were making them the new OTP and Stelena became more and more a distant memory....until the "pretend lives" episode. I'm glad that episode made some Stelena fans happy, but it made me kind of mad--because the writers really seemed to be playing with Stelena fans' feelings. After basically saying there is no hope for you-, that episode came along to give you hope, but at the same time take it away because they seemed to be saying "they could be fated to be together since they're doppelgangers--or it could be a fluke--who knows?" I think that was a real disservice to you fans. I don't mind a good love triangle, but I hate when writers manipulate fans like this. I went through this with the show Lost as a Jack/Kate shipper, and I hate when it happens to others. (I get the feeling the writers have taken other pages (pun intended) from Lost's book as well--the flash forward, for instance.)

That being said, I do think they will have at least one scene between Stefan and Elena, for old times sake at least.

I will confess that when they made Stefan human, I found it a good plot twist because I thought, "Oh my, are they going to turn the show on its head and make Stelena the OTP after all?" After all, they often make things happen out of nowhere rather than letting things happen organically. (If there were more episodes this season and Nina were back for more time they could have made it happen organically!) Also, Julie Plec did say that Elena as a human would choose Stefan; as a vampire she would choose Damon. I don't want to get your hopes up, however! They have since resumed hitting us over the head with Delena, and if they suddenly ended the show with Stelena, that would feel forced and leave Delena fans feeling cheated.

Last edited by Truthisbeauty; 03-10-2017 at 11:44 AM Reason: ADDITION