View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 06:22 AM
DiamondGirl5
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
only because the writers would be too scared to ever go there. but its been obvious to me since day 1 that they are the ultimate otp of the show. if they were straight characters you know it would turn romantic eventually.
It's too late for the writers to go there now because the characters and core relationships are too-well established, and neither character is a kid uncertain of his sexuality. It would simply be a poor storytelling choice that rang false on several levels. Rachel and Scottie aren't/weren't aberrations or mistakes (not to mention whatever is--or isn't--hanging in the air between Harvey and Donna).

I agree that the Mike/Harvey relationship is the heart of the series, and essential to the storytelling. Patrick said very recently that getting back to Butch and Sundance was important in maintaining his and Gabriel's interest in doing the show, and we saw a return of both the bromantic banter and the meaningful conversations in the last several episodes. That final scene of 616 is the most exciting tease I've seen for any long-running series going into a season 7.

Last edited by DiamondGirl5; 03-08-2017 at 09:16 AM