View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 06:48 PM
~Search4Truth~
Elite Fan

I saw this movie over the weekend. It is absolutely incredible. Highly emotional, excellent acting from everyone involved, excellent directing, awesome soundtrack, awesome cinematography. I personally rank it as being up there with The Dark Knight. It's just one of the best comic book films, period. I would definitely rank it as the best film in the X-Men universe, not including Deadpool (which is somewhat separate to me). Dafne Keen was amazing, and if Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart don't get Oscar nominations or at least win Golden Globes, I'm going to cry. They were both so nuanced. Hugh Jackman portrayed so many emotions throughout that entire film - this by far surpasses any of his previous X-Men performances, and anyone who knows me knows that I've always adored Hugh as Wolverine so that's saying a lot. Everything from how real his shaking/tremor felt... the way he subtly coughed and limped throughout the whole film in such a realistic manner while still managing to demonstrate such complex emotions and character traits as anger, despair, hate for himself, hopelessness, grief, anxiety, cynicism, and at the end, hope, love, and acceptance... the subtle changes in his facial expressions, the tonality and inflection in his voice, and his body language... gosh, he really convinced me that he is an extremely grumpy, sad, suicidal aging former "hero" who is terrified of connecting with others, terrified of intimacy, feels every person he loves dies because of him, and who detests the idea of anyone praising him. Plus, in addition to all of that complex acting, he still had to do an enormous amount of stunt work, which is incredibly exhausting, especially for a guy who is almost 50. Please someone nominate this man for a prestigious best actor award! And I can give a similar analysis for Patrick Stewart, who absolutely crushed my heart in this! He needs to be nominated for best supporting actor! While we're at it, I would even like to see Dafne Keen get nominated for best supporting actress!

Incredible movie. I've already re-watched it in the theatre.
-The Holy Qur'an [13:16]

Last edited by ~Search4Truth~; 03-07-2017 at 06:53 PM