View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Truthisbeauty
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane eyes (View Post)
I feel like they ruined her appeal in s4/s5. She was great in the beginning, but they screwed up when they had her around for too long.
Exactly. They just had her around for too long. In the beginning she was the mysterious femme fatale who turned out to be a monster who turned Stefan and Damon into monsters. Later we found out that she was Elena's doppelganger, and that was an intriguing idea. We found out that she was on the run from Klaus and that to avoid being used by him as a doppelganger, she had herself turned into a vampire. She would do anything in order to survive, even trick and manipulate those she claimed to love. It was exciting at first that just when you thought she was defeated, she came back and yanked the rug out from under the Salvatore brothers. That is, until it wasn't--she came back from the dead too many times! I think it would have been good had she died when Michael drained her blood, as the vampire who drinks from other vampires. That seemed like poetic justice. But the Kat came back...again...and again...ZZZZZZ...although it was kind of interesting that she finally died by getting the cure and suddenly aging. That seemed like karma and was kind of funny. The problem was that by that time, I barely cared.