View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:53 AM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It was cool to see Keyes again, I like that they are continuing this storyline. Going blind would just be awful. Its sad that the surgery didnt work . But its great that he has a loving wife to support him and a good sense of humor.

Amy going to Ephram was so cute. I understand why Ephram felt like a backup to Amy, but I didnt view it that way either. She had plans that fell through and then wanted to hang out with Ephram but its not like she actively was putting him second. But she does need to make more of an effort to hang out with him on a night she doesn't have plans. It was sad when she went to see him at the drivers ed place and saw him with Madison. I def. feel like that was the cause for her entire speech at the end. She wanted him to be happy and she felt like she would hold him back. Their dance was really cute though.
As an Ephram/Amy shipper, this was so difficult to digest. The dance was everything but Amy having to see that disgusting puke, Madison, and Ephram kissing tore at me and Ephram/Amy shippers in general. I also completely agree with you that I didn't totally see Ephram as her back up either. She was doing her best. Anyone that understands depression knows that she was doing her very best here. She didn't want Ephram to see her in the state that she was in yet she also couldn't stay away from him either. She was trying to get back to that place where she could be with Ephram because it's ideally what she wanted. She was trying. She is still suffering from great depression. She's doing the best she can. If you are an Ephram/Amy true fan, you feel for the entire situation, Amy's horrible situation and continued battle with depression, the very fact that it's completely obvious Ephram/Amy are meant to be but timing isn't working out at the moment. I absolutely loved Amy's speech, by the way. It was a direct tie-back to Ephram's speech to her in Vegetative State. He was giving her up because he knew she had to be there for Colin. Here, Amy is riddled with severe depression and knows she's not good for him at this time... she "lets him go" so he can be happy too. I thought her speech was brave and loving and really, all she could do given the depression. The situation is both heartbreaking and hopeful at the same time between Ephram/Amy. I knew they'd eventually make the timing work and get together romantically so there was still great hope.

The gross Ephram/Madison inappropriate kiss is precisely why we were prevented from seeing Ephram/Amy friendship scenes from this point forward until they finally get together romantically at the end of season 2. You are right, it's all about the angst. Berlanti couldn't have Ephram/Amy even as friends anywhere near their relationships with Tommy and Madison because Ephram/Amy are way too powerful together. They would have stolen the show so they needed to be separated until they were ready to get together romantically. Mostly it's because the situation with Madison was extreme and totally inappropriate. If Ephram would have dated someone else, we could have received some scenes between Ephram/Amy even as friends while Ephram dated someone else. We would have been reminded of how meant to be Ephram/Amy truly were as well. But because Madison came into the picture especially, Ephram/Amy had to be separated. For that matter... the three relationships in season 2: Amy/Tommy, Andy/Linda, Ephram/Madison were all showcased as doomed from the start and not working out. The only difference is Tommy wasn't around for long, Linda was a nice person but not meant for Andy but she wasn't around very long either, even with her ties to the Abbott's. However, Madison lingered throughout the rest of the series which just burns so many people up.

Quote:
Ephram kissing Madison seemed a bit out of the blue to me because he didnt seem to like her all that much in the previous episode lol. But I def. feel it was a plot point to give EA some angst. I just wish it had only been that kiss and that Madison kept that nanny/kid relationship because i want to like her and its hard not to view her as skeevy for going for for Ephram.
I completely agree with you here too. I never felt Ephram liked Madison that much either. He found her hot, big deal. We know ideally Ephram doesn't care about that superficial kind of stuff anyway. He prefers to fall for someone completely, emotionally and physically, not on a very superficial level. I think the only reason why the kiss happened is because Ephram felt rejected by Amy. That's it. Otherwise, we were not viewing some big time, slowly brewing romantic relationship between the babysitter and the son of her employee. That was not happening here in the least. You are also right... Madison looks terrible going for it with Ephram. Terrible.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-28-2017 at 09:09 AM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote