View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:04 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
That is true in general, but in this case the week will be for like 5 days. Our co-workers from France are here and we will spend all 4 days in meetings. Today we started at 9:30 am and ended up in 7 pm. And man French people talk really weird English . No I mean it's most probably my problem, but to me they sound French. And I don't know enough French to understand them so it requires efforts on my part to understand them.
It's not just you. They have a very thick French accent when attempting to speak English and trust me, as an English speaker, I even have difficulty understanding sometimes as well. They do sound French when they speak English. All I know is I've heard other people from different countries speak English, even "bad" English with the pronunciation not perfect, yet I can understand them much better. Even in the Harry Potter series there's a French character. Rowling spells out the way this character pronounces things. So like for Harry it is 'Arrrrry and I have to say... it gets annoying at times. I mean, Rowling isn't annoying... having this character with this accent is annoying! I keep thinking... "Speak English, Fleur, not French while speaking English!" One of the characters (Ginny) hated Fleur (at least initially) so she made fun of her arrogance and accent. It was fun. It helped with having to read 'Arry and the ZZZZ pronunciation with everything else.

So what are you doing with them in these meetings?

Quote:
What are the meetings about? Good that you will be able to work mostly from home. I hope that you manage to do everything on Thursday so that you can be at home Friday.
Those projects. I think I'll go in ultra early Thursday... maybe even around 3 AM so I'll make sure I don't have to return on Friday.

Last edited by jediwands; 02-27-2017 at 12:10 PM