View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 12:00 PM
MyrnaLynne
Master Fan

Wow, had no idea Taylor Swift was so tall or Bruno Mars so short. Like the Oscar Red Carpet last night, Michael Strahan (ex-football player) was interviewing Matt Damon, and just towered over him - I never thought of Matt Damon being particularly short (he isn't, maybe 5'10?) but he looked like a kid next to that tall/big guy. Very odd.

I like your theory PodMom about G-d/nature averaging out heights by making tall men love tiny women. My nephew must be 6'5 or over and his fiance is teeny - or teeny by comparison. Same with my SIL Barbara, she's very short and David, her late hubby, was 6'4"! But it doesn't leave many fellows for tall gals like Mlette, to is 5'10 or 5'11 (or Taylor Swift).

And just yesterday Barbara asked some tall people at the supermarket to reach some jam on a high shelf - not shy at all! ;p

Yes PodMom we are about the same size and I have also shrunk and am closer to 5'6 than 5'7 now. Loved that tiny woman picture! They made some really dumb movies in the olden days!

Yes, malls put out downtowns, and now a lot of the malls are dying, I guess replaced by online shopping - they knocked down the whole middle of a nearby mall and are putting a gigantic grocery store in its place (Wegman's new to the area), with just the two 'anchor stores' of the mall at either end remaining (Marshall's and Kohl's department stores).

It's true, it's a pain to mailorder clothes (or shoes) and have to send them back because they don't fit. Plus shopping can be fun, get you out of the house on an adventure. Kohl's sent me $5 and Mr ML and I just went over there and browsed around and I got the coolest bath towels. One side is blue, with brown stripes at the edge, and it reverses to brown with blue stripes at the edge I don't know how they do that!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan