View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 06:51 PM
LilMouse
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Begbie is a monster, but everyone loves him. What’s up with that?
I know, it’s really weird. He’s got absolutely no redeeming features, but audiences seem to love the guy. Literally wherever I go, people talk about Begbie. A few years after the film came out, I was in Bulgaria. I thought I’d have a look around. I got two steps out of the hotel and heard: “Oooh, Behgbieeeee!” Every country I go to, people love this maniac.
I can relate

Quote:
Does it surprise you how much people in their twenties, who were barely born when the first film came out, adore it?
Yes! All the kids who work as production assistants on the TV show I do [Elementary], they’re in their early twenties, and they all love Trainspotting. I’m always amazed by that. And then you get depressed. You’re like, “How old were you when the film came out? Six? ****.” Hopefully that’s a good sign. It means that it stands up as a good movie.

there were boys at the screening I went to who were early 20s and the woman running the event was like, were you even born when the original came out?