View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:14 PM
Almeida's Army
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalâ—˜fate (View Post)
Actually I blame EVERYTHING with Karl and Cousins on Karl. I mean he wasn't even in the locker room yet and he started the beef with Cousins, and seeing quotes from Karl's recent book, shows why former players didn't like him.

It would be crazy if CP3 returned to New Orleans at the end of the season.
Reason I have it mostly on Cousins (And I agree, those comments were awful and can see why players didn't like him which explains why maybe his post seasons runs were so underwhelming in comparison to the regular season) is because when Karl came in the first person he saw, Rudy Gay, said welcome to basketball hell. The cause of that, in Karl's estimation, was likely Cousins and felt that it would be better moving on from Cousins, trade him (would have gotten a better package too) and try and establish a better culture (or at least one that revolves around Karl). Say what you want about his dismal playoff record, but in his entire career he only failed to make the playoffs three times- his second season with the Bucks where he finished one game back from the 8th seed and the one and a half seasons in Sacremento. Now, surely a coach that can get seemingly any team to the playoffs, and when you don't, two of the three times was with Cousins and the Kings, says to me that the problem lies more with Cousins and his inability to coexist with Karl the way others had. Swearing at your coach in a physical altercation and not even get a game suspension was ridiculous. Shows the problem is with Cousins attitude and the Kings inability to toughen up rather than Karl, who may not be the greatest man manager, but would be almost guaranteed to get you regular season wins.

I really hope that doesn't happen and I don't think it will- I mean Jrue Holiday is a good fit for that offense but also I don't see CP3 turning down $200m. I think he stays but I think we may need to pull the trigger on the Melo deal just to be sure.