View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:33 AM
rocky845
Fan Forum Hero

Here are my thoughts on the episode...
  • Stefan asked Klaus for help in finding Silas and stopping him from completing the Expression triangle. Klaus wasn't going to get involved...until Stefan and Caroline told him that Silas destroying the Other Side meant every dead supernatural being (i.e. werewolves, witches, and vampires) that he had personally killed would return to their side.
  • I loved that this whole episode had Klaus, Caroline and Stefan working together, like the searching of Shane's office for information about Silas' next move and the bantering about minions and the allure of darkness.
  • I loved that Klaus and Caroline bickered about reading the map and the allure of darkness. Klaus tried to get Caroline to admit that she was attracted to him, and he got it...up until she said that he can't be fixed and that people who do terrible things are just terrible people.
  • I hate to say it but I was kind of on Klaus' side when it came to dealing with the witches and Bonnie. If the trio had let the witches kill Bonnie, then the Expression Triangle would have been incomplete and Silas would have lost out. The downside would have been that Bonnie would have died.
  • "I just killed 12 people." / "Hey. Hey. You look like you're in need of comfort. Why don't you find someone less terrible you can relate to?" -- boom! She said that he was a terrible person and that he couldn't be fixed, yet she was the person who killed the witches and completed the Expression Triangle. She chose to save Bonnie and gave Silas everything he needed to open the gates to hell on Earth. For once, Klaus had the moral high ground. If only she had been nicer to him the night before, then he would have probably found some way to comfort her. =(
  • I had been waiting for the Klaus/Silas face-off. It definitely delivered. I loved that Klaus didn't bow down to Silas by giving him the cure, even if doing so would have saved him from being turned mortal. He may be an evil mastermind but having every supernatural enemy return from the Other Side wouldn't have been ideal for him. I did get freaked out when Silas stabbed Klaus with the white oak stake, missing his heart by an inch, and then he broke it off.