View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 11:56 AM
jbshmdfb
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Yes, I also said there is a way they can juggle these characters (go deep as they put it) and still give us hints of the rest of them. That's all I need. I can sit through an episode of S/G and Will having the spotlight if we get a scene or two of R/D and Javery - BUT I need to know that they're going to get their turn as well and the next week is not going to be R/D and Maddie and Javery's on the backburner AGAIN.

Who knows what they can even fix at this point. Or what they're willing to.

As far as Maddie, my point is that we were criticized constantly - INCESSANTLY - for saying how horrible of a character Layla was. Maddie is in the same boat and yet it's so funny to me how no one is in disagreement about this...hmm. I wouldn't want Lennon's feelings to be hurt because the damage done to her character was out of her control. It's a plain fact that she doesn't have the experience to be a lead actress. Same with AP, despite what she may believe.

These writers aren't to blame for Maddie being trashed last season but they are to blame for not writing her a proper redemption. They needed to take a low and slow approach. Not 505...and 506 and 507.

I forgot all about Daphne's love life! May have to do another...

We sure were. I included in my survey how talented Lennon is as a singer and such but that Maddie's airtime is too much and that Nashville isn't a teen show. That we don't need her or more teen characters taking all the airtime from the adults we are all invested in. As for Aubrey and Layla, while most hated Layla for Layla, I have never hidden the fact I always thought Layla could have been a better character played by a different actress. And Aubrey's tweets then made me dislike Aubrey for Aubrey.

As for Clay, Hallie and Zach, I sorta disagree with Lily. Clay is a decent singer and I did mention that on his own away from Maddie he would be an interesting character but both Zach and Hallie fail characters to me. Hallie is wayyyy too perfect. And it's usually those character that after awhile turn around and become either pushovers or judgy like Scarlett for example.