View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 06:22 AM
everwoodfan52
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I’m a little rusty at writing episode commentaries, so please be kind.
Love your commentaries, Jerry! Wish I could write as well!

Quote:
This episode really showcased the characters so well, and I especially liked Andy and Harold’s interaction as you could see the mutual caring and respect that they had for each other underneath the bantering insults that had become their trademark. Ultimately, they gave each other good advice as Andy was still feeling guilty about Colin’s death and he was afraid to face the judgmental citizens of Everwood, and Harold realized that he had made a major mistake with his son.
I believe that Harold and Andy...for all the bickering, sarcasm, somewhat jealousy..are soul mates. These two get each other and have real affection and caring for one another. Neither one would steer the other wrong.

Quote:
The disparity between how Harold treated Amy versus how Harold treated Bright was really illustrated in this episode because it was so obvious that Amy was Harold’s favorite because she was so much like him, and she had many of the same interests that he had, but he took little interest in anything that Bright was doing because he felt that all he had going for him was football. I thought that Bright was completely correct when he told Harold and Rose that everything was always about Amy when they confronted him about being kicked off the football team.
What was so hurtful lhere is that Harold made it soooooooooooooo obvious that his attention was more toward Amy. Nothing subtle about it! Poor Bright understood it and just accepted it.

Quote:
I liked seeing how there were more layers to Bright beyond the dumb jock stereotype in this episode as he refused to use Colin’s death as a ploy to try and get back on the football team despite his coach and even his father encouraging him to do so, and it showed he had integrity.
I admit that first season Bright was not my favorite and I really didn't care for him too much because of my love for Ephram. But...this Bright could teach even Ephram a thing or two about strength and integrity.

Quote:
I really seeing Laynie in this episode, but I could also see that her character was being marginalized and she left the show later in Season Two.
I hate what the show did to Laynie. It is like a breath of fresh air when she appears in a scene. What a waste of a character and potential plot lines.
everwoodfan52 is offline   Reply With Quote