View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:52 AM
yarens
Dedicated Fan

Last week was a nice watch but I knew it wouldn't last. I actually don't know what to say anymore except that I didn't think it could get worse than seasons 11 and 12, but it did. I love how the writers broke Jolex up and gave Jo a reason to be mad and distanced from Alex, and now that he apologized and she's not mad anymore, they're making her shut down completely. Anything to give us more of the Merlex friendship instead of actually showing us some Jolex instead, I guess.

And I'm tired too. Is this how it's gonna go from now on? Shonda said Alex came back home, is the frat house his home now or what? Last season he was still referring to the loft as his home. I mean, if you look at it neutrally it's a nice concept of Meredith living with her sister and her surrogate brother, but her surrogate brother has been on the show for as long as she has and he never got to have the things she had with Derek. And instead of giving him that when he does have his love interest on the show, the writers put him right back to seasons 7/8 Alex who's living with his friends and has nothing better to do. Only the sleeping around thing is not happening.

By the way, I find it inappropriate that apparently he and Meredith are sharing a bed, but all these things are also proof of how platonic they really are. So I see no reason to read something more into it when there's nothing there, but I find it ridiculous. Go sleep on the couch or actually be an adult and rent an apartment, it's not like you have no money. Which two grown ups who are both successful surgeons platonically share a bed? This show is so kindergarten sometimes I don't know what to say anymore.