View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:41 PM
Barrybgb
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I think Ernie Anderson was the voice of all of our childhoods. I loved his voiceover work on ABC, not just on the Sunday Night Movie, but the commercials for all ABC shows. He was the voice of ABC back then. You hear him on this vid during the commercials for Ripley's Believe It Or Not, That's Incredible, Tales of the Gold Monkey, and Monday Night Football. OMG, I miss MNF on ABC, back when it was an event. MNF on ESPN sucks.

Ernie wasn't the only voice of the ABC Sunday Night movie. If you go to 1 minute and 30 seconds you'll hear the voice of Joel Crager, who also voiced the ABC Sunday Night Movie. He and Ernie would trade off on doing the voice intros depending on the movie or the week. Both men have passed away, sadly. Ernie's son is director Paul Thomas Anderson, director of Boogie Nights and There Will Be Blood.

Oh, I loved the old Star Tunnel intro. They should've kept it throughout the 80's instead of phasing it out in 1987. You know, as a kid I used to watch the ABC Sunday Night Movie with my dad all the time back in the 80's, but I had no idea that The Fog made its network TV premiere on ABC in September of 1982. When I found this vid on YouTube I was like, "how did I miss this?" What was I watching in 1982 that I totally let this one slip by me? Halloween debuted on NBC back in 1981, but I had no idea The Fog was on ABC.
I made an Ernie Anderson thread some time ago. It's in the board guide. Feel free to visit it.

Relive or discover the most magical decade. The 80s. www.fanforum.com/f129/