View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 09:37 AM
xsweetgirlx91
Loyal Fan

I took the freedom of creating a new thread since I saw that nobody else bothered. I hope you're all okay with the title but I felt like if I had asked nobody would've answered and I really just wanted to write my last post here and then go.

I said I'd watch 13x10 and then decide whether or not to stick around, and I decided it's best to quit watching.

I'm not gonna go around complain too much about the episode when Jo was nearly in every scene, but I still felt like they didn't use her as well as they could have. A lot of the times she was still standing there just helping or listening. I felt like the guest actresses really nailed it, but the writers gave them way more emotional scenes compared to Camilla, Chandra and Jessica.

Plus what really bothered me was that this trip didn't glue the three together. I was kind of hoping for Jo to find a new confident or mentor after this episode and was disappointed to see that it didn't happen. And Camilla said last night that Jo still has no mentor, and they're already filming what, epsiode 18? It's just outrageous at this point. Giving Jo a specialty should be the writers' top priority when it comes to her character, and they still can't bother. But sure, let Deluca develop feelings for her, because THAT'S what Jo needs so desperately.

I loved the last scenes though, I loved that Jo cared enough about the patient to tell her about her mother, and the moment in which she took her into her arms and told her that her baby's gonna be fine and that she'll miss her mother everyday made me tear up. I so desperately want to know more about Jo's past and I read that Camilla said she learned something juicy about it, but truth is, I can't take it anymore. The writers aren't doing Jo right. She deserves so much better and I'm tired waiting for it to happen.

And I'm also tired of the Grey's fans. They gross me out at this point. Them and their misogyny and victim shaming.

I hope people will somehow keep this thread active although I feel like not many are writing anymore. If anyone was ever bothered by what I used to write, I'm gone now, so feel free to come back.

I think we might actually get some good Jolex scenes in the upcoming episodes, but I seem to be constantly disappointed by the writing for Jo. And I'm just disgusted by the turn this storyline took in general. What was supposed to be a conflict between Alex and Jo in regards of the husband and Jo not telling Alex the truth for years has turned into Alex vs. Deluca and the trial, which seems to be the only thing people care about. And where they hate on the victim or on Jo because Alex might get some punishment that he would actually deserve in this situation since he did something wrong. We all saw how badly injured Deluca was but for some reason he became the bad guy in this stiuation. Or Jo. 😷 And that's where the show and fandom annoys me so much. I love Alex but just because he's the original he got all the perspective in this storyline and it made people sympathize with him even more than they would have anyway.

I wish everyone who is still watching some nerves of steel. I've reached my limit... The only way I will come back (and quitting is really hard when your social media accounts are all about this stupid show) is if the writers finally do Alex and Jo's storyline justice, but especially Jo. But I kind of doubt it.