View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 06:03 PM
apiondine88
New Fan

Hi there ! I really love the Fang Gang a lot (even more than the scoobies). Almost every relationships had some depth to it. So it's great to see a thread for them, thanks !

I'm going to try to put the Fang Gang teams in order, from least to most favorite :

n°7 Angel/"Cordy"/Wes/Gunn/Fred/Lorne/Connor (S4) : this was depressing : Wes wasn't really part of the gang, "Cordy" wasn't Cordy, Gunn and Fred were at odds, and Connor wasn't really part of the gang either)

n°6 Angel/Wes/Gunn/Lorne/Spike/Illyria/Harmony (S5B) : No Cordy, no Fred (I did like Illyria however). And although I liked Spike quite a lot on Buffy, and even if he was still as good a character on Angel, imho he took too much screentime (at the detriment of the other characters) for me.

n°5 Angel/Wes/Gunn/Fred/Lorne/Spike (S5A) : No Cordy but a Wes ! And a Spike with whom I still have the same issue than stated above.

n°4 Angel/Cordy/Gunn/Fred/Lorne/Groo (S3B) : No Wes but a Cordy ! The addition of Lorne was welcomed.

n°3 Angel/Cordy/Wes/Gunn/Fred (S3A) : Before it all went to Hell they had a very nice family dynamics.

n°3 Cordy/Wes/Gunn (S2B): They managed to be a kickass team even without their Champion because they were all, in their own rights, champions ("We are the champions .. We are the champions !!!!!!). We didn't see everything but they clearly grew very close (that's why Cordy and Gunn's reactions to Wes' "betrayal" is so heartbreaking)

n°2 Angel/Cordy/Wes/Gunn (S2A) : The introduction of Gunn was very nicely done. Wish this team had lasted longer.

n° 2 Angel/Cordy/Wes (S1B) : Even if Wes is not Doyle I'd say him, Cordy, and Angel are my second favorite character tie (sometimes Angel is third with Lorne). Love the addition of the brother/sister bond between Cordy and Wes. Wes was such a dork there ... I loved him !

And finally,

Numero Uno ! Angel/Cordy/Doyle (S1A) : Doyle is my favorite buffyverse character and Angel and Cordy two of my favorites as well. Morever, Cordy/Doyle and Angel/Doyle are my two Angel OTP (second would be Angel/Cordy), and Angel/Cordy/Doyle my buffyverse OT3 Even without the shipping their relationships were my favorite !

I hope I didn't let too much spelling nor grammatical mistakes pass ! Don't know how often I'll be able to post so I wanted to make this one a good one.

Last edited by apiondine88; 01-23-2017 at 08:38 PM