View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 10:09 PM
hurricane eyes
Elite Fan

The episode was...long for me.

Damon - FREAKING YES FINALLY GOT THE EVIL MERMAID OUT OF YOUR DAMN HEAD . Now time to face the shiit you pulled *cough* Tyler *cough* .

Stefan - Sassy ahole . Messing things up and delivering truthbombs. Sad the bro-trip is ending though. I wish we had gotten at least another episode of them being murderous morons.

Caroline - I mean you realize that Stefan gave everything up for you right? I mean he legit gave away his freedom and sobriety and sanity to keep your twitches safe. I'm all for steroline not happening, but let's face the facts of the situation and put the blame on yourself because Stefan was right. You enabling this behavior is on you, not him.

Bonnie - Happy she's not wanting to turn into a vampire. I was worried and I get that it makes sense logistically since Enzo is himself a vampire, but that was never the life Bonnie wanted for herself and I'm glad she's sticking with that. She loves him and if it was only about her feelings for him she would turn, but she has never wanted to struggle the way her friends have (and she is thinking of Elena's fate as well). Just happy the writers didn't make it all about Elena or have Bonnie want to be a vampire for Enzo.

Enzo - Great scene of him confessing why he's being even more protective of Bonnie. I hope that he can be a human for her, but I don't understand how that could be achieved unless they decide to travel to another prison world since the cure is in Elena and it's kind of meant for Damon...I think?

Evil Mermaid #1 - Oh yay let's see how long it takes for her to break out of her jail cell .

Evil Mermaid #2 - Shady af

Matt - You're life's purpose is to ring a bell...and they said you'd never amount to anything .

Random dude with Matt - Can we exchange you for the other intern? She at least had a personality.

Random chick turned vampire - I liked that Caroline has someone to kind of mentor again and help her through this change, but at the same time I just don't care.

Flashbacks - Nice to see the DE MMF flashbacks. When I was a sweet summer child I fell for DE in s1 from that episode alone. Oh the memories . Could have done without the DC dance because I hate that dynamic with a passion, but oh wells.

Overall the episode was ok-ish, but seemed like such a filler episode. Just something to stick in to get the relationships where they need them while the plot really went nowhere.