View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 06:30 PM
aussiechic
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Is this really true though because they made a point of showing that Woodlawn is in New Jersey, so why does it not match?

Something else I thought about last night as far as Cole's feelings for Alison. Alison represents his past before all of the bad stuff happened, losing his son, losing Alison to Noah, losing the Ranch and losing Scotty. Maybe Cole, seeing Alison all better, is reminding him of the life they had together before all of the grief in his life. Is it right,, no but you can't help but wonder if that is part of the reason that all of a sudden Cole is gravitating toward Alison. He had 3 years to get to this stage, so was he really longing for her all that time or is seeing the "new and improved Alison" making him see their past when they were happy?
Also, we know that Cole carries so much guilt about his role in the death of Gabriel. The show has really concentrated on the affect to Alison because of her not taking him to hospital. They really haven't dealt with that with Cole on the show, until maybe now. We don't know what their life was before Gabriel died, but I'm guessing it was great? I think because Alison came back better, it's taking him back to when things were great with Alison and Gabriel. Now that they have Joanie, and he sees how Alison is better, he is hoping maybe that getting back with her, will take them back to before Gabriel died. Maybe it is his way of erasing all that happened to their relationship after their boy's death, since they have Joanie now.

He seemed to be happy with Luisa the few years since they got married. Yes, he never was able to get over Alison, but part of that is that he hasn't got over the death of Gabriel and what it did to their relationship. Seeing Alison now and better has just brought all that trauma back.