View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 05:58 AM
Sandy K
Extreme Fan

My real question: which grandfather was named Gabriel? Did Alison and Cole name him after Cole's father??

As we have learned from the last two seasons, the entire family, including Cherry, basically put all head of family responsibilities on Cole from a very young age. Unlike Alison, he didn't feel he could collapse and flail when Gabriel died, thus the complete meltdown in season 2 with the fire. And as Oscar noted, Alison ruined Cole's life and at the same time he lost the family ranch (entirely Cherry's fault, but I'm sure Cole takes some of the blame on himself). So, since he burned down Alison's house, he basically rebuilt his life around Luisa and being a good man for her. Then his brother is killed the night he gets married. Which, despite having nothing to do with, I'm sure Cole blames himself a little.

We never saw the three years of Cole and Luisa being married and presumably pretty happy. Remember at the birthday party, Oscar says Cole is finally happy in Cole's POV. We know now he was already thinking about Alison romantically again. But he was putting it off.

I don't understand why we're not taking Cole at his word about exactly what he did that night. The very first thing we saw this season from Cole POV was him dreaming of sex with Alison. Probably not the first time. So he does something stupid and impulsive and tries to get permission from the dr who treated Alison and she, of course, tells him absolutely nothing and he goes home and feels stupid. And trapped.

We saw Cole telling the truth in his own POV to Alison, basically the only person he's unequivocally truthful with.

Also, Cole isn't Alison or Noah, he slept with Alison ONCE. Once is still bad and awful, but Alison and Noah had an affair for months and months.