View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 03:52 AM
nikki-jasmine
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I think he was scared that Luisa would find out his reason behind the visit, but when he had to tell her he made up the lesser story of why he went there.
Let´s take a look at Alison/Cole conversation:

Quote:
Alison: Look, Cole, we've basically known each other, like, our whole lives. And you're a lot of things, but you're not a liar. So just tell me. If you stabbed Noah, that -

Cole: Jesus Christ. No. I wasn't anywhere near the guy.

Alison: Then where were you that night?

Cole: I went up to Woodlawn. To talk to your doctor. Dr.Parry, right, that's her name?

Alison: Yeah. Why?

Cole: To talk about you. When you got back to Montauk, you seemed clearer. Seeing you, seeing you with Joanie, just brought a lot of thoughts back to me.

Alison: Well, what kind of thoughts?

Cole: About us.

Alison: Well, why did you need to see my doctor?

Cole: I needed her professional opinion, I guess. About how you are.

Alison: Are you kidding me? What, you, like, you needed permission?

Cole: Yeah.

Alison: Okay, and, uh, what did she say?

Cole: Nothing. She's a very ethical doctor.

Alison: Okay, wait, so, uh, this is the big secret that that you've been hiding? Well, tell the detectives that.

Cole: I can't. If I admit that I went up to Woodlawn, then I have to admit everything to everybody. Alison, I built this whole life, I'm building a whole house just to prove to everybody that I don't love you anymore, that I don't need you, that I don't want you, that I don't miss you. But the truth is that I do. I need you. And I want you and I miss you and I love you. And I'm tired of pretending that I don't.

Alison: So stop pretending.

Cole: I can't. 'Cause I'm not Noah Solloway. I am a good man. And I would have to be crazy to trust you after what you did to me, and I can't go down that rabbit hole again. I'm not gonna jeopardize everything that I've built.
This whole "I have to pretend because I want to look like a good man, I´m building a house just to prove to everybody that my official relationship is solid"- thing... why does it sound so familiar?

No, Cole, you´re not Noah, but... you say that you love Alison? If you need doctor´s opinion or Oscar´s opinion before you make a choice... Isn´t true love supposed to be unconditional? That whole "love is patient, love is kind, it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, never fails", in sickness and in health etc.?

Basically in E8 Cole decided to stay with a woman he doesn´t love but who is "safe". He is going to be deeply unhappy, BUT he can continue to play the "good guy".

Great.

Luisa deserves better than that, btw. If instead of pretending/playing the "good guy" Cole was just honest with her and just divorced her, she could find someone who will truly love her and she will be really happy.

But this show is not about happiness, is it? Instead Luisa and Cole will, I guess, try to start their own family - to make things even more complicated in S4.

Last edited by nikki-jasmine; 01-17-2017 at 04:04 AM