View Single Post
Old 01-16-2017, 07:50 PM
Julie
Fan Forum Hero

Aaron Paul Really Wants To Reprise Jesse Pinkman

Quote:
Two seasons in, Better Call Saul has found the right formula for balancing Breaking Bad fan service with its own wholly separate, emotionally complex storyline. Early on, it faltered–most notably when Raymond Cruz's Tuco was introduced right at the end of the show's pilot, kicking off a storyline that ultimately felt shoehorned in. But season two wove several Breaking Bad favorites skillfully into the mix, and in its finale teased the biggest crossover to date, with Gus Fring (Giancarlo Esposito) seemingly leaving a message for his future associate Mike (Jonathan Banks).

So what about that other cameo we've all been waiting for? Aaron Paul has been fielding questions about reprising the role of Jesse Pinkman ever since the existence of Better Call Saul was just a rumor, and he's not sick of it yet. In fact, he's still asking the same question himself.

"I was actually just with all of them [the Breaking Bad gang] at the AFI luncheon yesterday," Paul told Esquire.com at the TCA Press Tour on Saturday. "And I did ask that question–when am I gonna come to Albuquerque for my wardrobe fitting? But I don't know! It's still up in the air."

Which suggests that Jesse's probably not showing up to buy a Cinnabon from "Gene" in season three, although it's equally possible that Paul has already filmed an appearance and this is all deliberate misdirection. He confirmed that he watches (and loves) Better Call Saul, and he enjoys all those deep-pull Breaking Bad cameos just as much as the next die-hard fan–especially Krazy-8, the meth dealer Walt killed early in season one, whose younger self cropped up in Better Call Saul.

Paul added:

"It's so exciting, especially as someone that really lived within the show and felt like it really happened to me. It's nice to just get more of a backstory from these characters. Max [Maximino Arciniega, who plays Krazy-8] is one of my dearest friends, and Vince let me know that he was making a cameo. He was supposed to die in the pilot, but we all just loved him so much that they brought him back to life."
Paul also revealed that a surprising number of fans approach him to ask about a sixth season of Breaking Bad, which has been falsely "confirmed" a few times online.