View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 02:26 AM
wilywiccan
Elite Fan

The fact that Dean grew up with John & Mary in What Is and What Should Never Be and ended up so screwed up and feeling like a failure while in It's a Terrible Life he grew up without either of them and was kicking ass in life says a lot about their parenting.

We definitely can't just blame John in WIAWSNB since in that jinn world Mary was there the whole time. She either contributed to the unhealthiness or she didn't stop it from happening.

Quote:
Can't have special snowflake Mary take on any sort of blame. She's next to saintly after all.
I think that is how the boys see her. It often happens when someone loses a parent when they are just a child. I was very annoyed when Sydney Bristow (Alias) kept getting suspicious of her dad while idolizing her traitorous villain mother even though she found out all those dreams she had of what could have been had her mom not "died" weren't real things that would have happened because her mom was never that person.

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion, but it's better suited for the Mary Appreciation Thread
I'm not one of those "you can't talk about my precious character" fans. I wasn't trying to do an Ode to Mary if it sounded that way. I do not think she is perfect and am more than open to hearing negative opinions of her. Just disagree with some of the claims.

I rant about A LOT of characters on other shows/movies/books but for most I have irrefutable reasons that I could defend tooth and nail complete with a doctoral thesis. The exception being Toby from Pretty Little Liars and Selma Blair. Those two just rub me the wrong way.