View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Missy1963
New Fan

Hi - My name is Missy and I'm new to these forums. Hope everyone had a great Chrismukkah & New Year celebration.
I watched The O.C when it was on tv (never missed an episode) and have rewatched it a couple of times, the last time being over the last couple of weeks.

Although I absolutely love the show, I have to admit I'm disappointed with how it ended.
Namely ....
Did Ryan end up with Taylor? That was left up in the air as the show focused quite heavily on Ryan's love life it was a very strange way end it for him. Why did he have to live in the dorms at Berkeley if the Cohens moved there anyway? That made no sense to me.
Seth was once again left to be 'alone' when he went to college. Would have liked it if they showed a little of what his life was like there.
Why didn't Summer's father walk her down the aisle? Very odd, seeing as they were so close.
I was also curious about Pancakes - how could she have been pregnant? Rabbits are only pregnant for about 30 days (give or take) - the babies would have been born long before the earthquake - and the 6 months after the quake, when Summer first noticed them - they were quite big (not newborns) - how could she not have noticed if she was feeding Pancakes?

Also - in the pilot, Seth gave sailing lessons - that job was never mentioned again; and what happened to Rosa the housekeeper and the Cooper's dog, and China the hairless pony?

I'd love to hear other's views on this, and perhaps share what other things you'd like to have seen

Out of curiousity - in season 2 episode 1 (in the scene where Ryan is putting out the trash), he sees a kid wearing a wife-beater who turns his head and give a "Ryan" look (he's not in the closing credits); and the kid at the end of season 4 finale - is it the same actor?

Last edited by Missy1963; 01-04-2017 at 12:52 PM Reason: Needed to add more to the post