View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 AM
pinkpaisley
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
It was really cool & nice of her to do that for her fans. I'm sure it made their days or years for that matter.
It was really awesome!

ETA: Message from Lauren to UK publisher Virago

Quote:
Hello to all the UK readers and viewers. I’m so thrilled to have both Gilmore Girls, and my memoir, Talking As Fast As I Can, to share with you this year. My mother lived in London for many years and it was a second home in a way. To see a book of mine on the shelves there will be a true thrill. Thank you for the warm reception!

There’s always massive stack of books on my bedside table – it seems there’s never enough time to get through them all before I add more to the pile!
Titles I’m looking forward to enjoying over the holiday break include Helen Simonson’s The Summer Before the War, Patti Smith’s Just Kids, Ann Patchett’s Commonwealth, and Last Girl Before Freeway by Leslie Bennetts, about the life of Joan Rivers.

This year I loved novels Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, and Watch Me, an incredible memoir by Anjelica Huston.
I’m a big re-reader too, for some reason. I like to check back in with books I loved at different times of my life and see how they affect me years later. This year, I reread essays by Nora Ephron, including I Remember Nothing, and Helen Fielding’s Bridget Jones. I loved both just as much the second time around. In general, I’m drawn to books by and about the funny, smart women who’ve inspired me.
– Lauren Graham, December 2016

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne

Last edited by pinkpaisley; 12-23-2016 at 08:11 AM