View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 05:33 AM
semmanclana
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That is what should have happened all along.

Sorry, but you cannot kill off such a major comic Superhero, even on a TV show and do just fine after that. Arrow's ratings have been horrible since her death. MK and TPTB as a whole understand this which is why they're probably trying to do something that helps their mistake. For many comic fans, myself included, it was never about the GA and BC not ending up together. Quite frankly, I loathe the TV version of Oliver on Arrow. I can't stand him. So I am fine with Oliver and Felicity together. But TPTB still shouldn't have killed off the BC. Easily, they could have put her on The Flash, Legends or had her create her own team and go off fighting. It would have worked out just fine. But killing her off was not an option with the expectation that you won't suffer backlash and low ratings as a result.
I remember the interview after her death Marc referred to Laurel Lance supporters as vocal minority. That a vocal minority would be upset......well that bite him on the butt. The issue with the writers and even the cast was hat they took social media as a source of what was popular. Laurel was trashed in S2, yet the fan mail in S2 according to Marc was 90% of angry letters upset over making Sara the Black Canary over Laurel. Proving the internet isn't everything.

You have David and even Katie herself stating the reaction shocked them. And it shouldn't be shocking. She's Black Canary! A character there since the pilot. The Laurel Lance fandom has always been a passionate bunch. And many only watched for her. The problem is they felt because we weren't trending or voting in random polls it meant something.

But I do believe they are gonna try to have their cake and eat it to. They will have our Laurel stay dead, but put Black Siren through a redemption arc. And transform her into the new BC. Especially since she's suppose to appear on Flash and LOT.