View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 10:56 AM
heartღaflutter
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing
She's also listed as one of EW's Entertainers of the Year

Quote:

Emma Stone
Since her debut as Jonah Hill’s sweet high school crush in 2007's Superbad, Emma Stone has applied her breathy Bacall voice, curious cat eyes, innate playfulness, and genuine grit to fully realized young women in Easy A, The Help, Zombieland, Crazy, Stupid, Love, and her Oscar-nominated part in Birdman. But her role as a struggling actress named Mia in Damien Chazelle’s joyous musical romance La La Land is quite simply a career best. And it’s a performance that Stone, 28, admits she couldn’t have delivered even a few years ago. "[Mia] has scars and she’s been through things,” she says. “The maturity of the character was very important to me." Stone’s wondrous mixture of melancholy and hopefulness, not to mention her singing and dancing, has placed her on a short list of Oscar contenders. And though Stone is quick to self-deprecate — “I can tell you all the things I should’ve done differently” — she’s enjoyed watching herself in La La Land. Maybe a little too much. Recently, she’s found herself humming the movie’s song "City of Stars"... in public bathrooms. “After these screenings I’ve been to, the song’s stuck in my head, so there’s me singing it next to people using the facilities. Not too humiliating, huh?" —Joe McGovern

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]