View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Roswell 10/2/00
Elite Fan

I think grief can have massive effect on a person. So maybe Rory world stopped when her Grandfather died. He basically became the only father figure to her in a way that was her blood.

So maybe she was doing fine seeing the world writing traveling learning all she could to before a great reporter and then bam her world comes crashing down. She is worried about her Grandmother and her Mom, but she knows her Mom has Luke.

Grief makes one look at life in a different way. Maybe she wanted more for her life because that is what her Grandfather wanted. she felt she failed she had writers block she thought she would be a great writer if she could grab the best interview the best storyline.

Instead she was used abused and told once again you are damaged goods.

So I think Rory was looking at her life and seeing everyone having it all. Paris had a great career and kids even if her marriage was on the rocks her career was great. Lane had her Zach and her kids and were rocking out. Even Dean got it together and married a great girl and had 3 kids and one on the way.

So I feel that Rory was drinking maybe to pay tribute to her Grandfather or maybe to hide her pain of her family lose.

I think writing the book was cathartic for her to feel like she was doing something to make a difference and to preserve her Grandfather's memory.

Yes Rory was all over the place but I feel deep down the book worm strange girl we all had grown to love was there. The reader at one point must become the writer like what happened to Jess. He eventually wrote his story.

So Rory was for the first time writing from her heart and exposing her soul. It was no longer someone else's worlds or expectations it was all for herself.

That is why the paper was not going to help her. They wanted the Poem they wanted things the town was use to. Rory had to go and writer her own stuff eventually.

No one told her this time how to do it or jump how high and I will give you want you want. She had to do it on her own. Scary and strange but in the end her book will be worth it.

Rory had to write her book to feel alive and become a new person both physically and mentally.

Alexis did an amazing job showing these layers especially in Fall and in the last scene of the series.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 12-01-2016 at 08:38 PM