View Single Post
Old 11-28-2016, 06:22 PM
lyndell75
Fan Forum Hero

Marion Cotillard comments on her criticized death scene in 'The Dark Knight Rises' - Batman News

Quote:
Marion Cotillard is an Oscar-winning actress, but her death scene in The Dark Knight Rises is often criticized. Cotillard is promoting her new movie Allied, but Allocine decided to bring up that awkward death scene from the 2012 Christopher Nolan movie.

“We’re all in the same boat, and if sometimes it gets out of control, then everyone is involved,” Cotillard told Allocine (translated from French to English in the video above). “Sometimes there are failures, and when you see this on screen, you’re thinking: ‘Why? Why did they keep that take?’ But either you blame everyone or nobody. But I thought people overreacted, because it was tough to be identified just with this scene. When I’m doing the best I can to find the authenticity in every character that I’m playing, it’s tough to be known just for this scene.”

Edited in between the interview is a clip of Cotillard participating in a rap battle on a comedy show. “The only thing worse than your rap is your death in Batman,” her opponent said. Cotillard just smiled awkwardly and replied “that sucks!”

“Yes, it’s important to know how to laugh about this, and also, there are worse things in life,”
Cotillard added. “Even if there are things that can hurt you. But I wasn’t really affected by this. I just thought the reaction was disproportionate, and it helps to laugh about it.”