View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 AM
The Daywalker
Elite Fan

I don't mind Pop Music, it's my guilty pleasure, and at the time, they needed competition for Britney, so they pumped her out there witha pop song, gotta love it as it put her on the map, when otherwise it might not have. That is why Genie In a Bottle is one of my favorites by her, as it is what introduced us to her. As pop as it was, it made me a fan, when i bought the CD, I heard a couple songs and was blown away. Obvious was in my car and my boy Will was like "this christina?" "yeha" "dude, she sounds black" Not to catagorize, but white artists today tend to be more poppy, as that is how they are marketed, regardless of talent, and black artists tend to be marketed R&B, which is crap, but you know what? It sells. I'd see no problem with Christina swooping in and grabbing tons of R&B/Soul awards. I think she'd make an awesome Unplugged CD, i just don't think they'd be willing to pull their "controverial popstar" to that side just yet, they need her and Britney to continue to play "can you top this" with Justin.