View Single Post
Old 02-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Jordan23
Fan Forum Hero

I get what you mean about J.Lo but for some reason to me she sounds more latin and r&b type. Maybe like you said, its b/c she is Latin.

Quote:
Even though I love Infatuation It was really missing something from it. Maybe these two can work together and bring a different sound out.
I thought Infatuation was fine just the way it is, I love the beats and style it has from her other songs on the album. Plus I can really relate to the song and it's message. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Just as long as she works with a live band during this. I do not want to hear her singing over some recorded tracks. That’s one thing I love about Rock and non-commercial R&B artists . I feel like I am in the room jamming with them.
Same here, I agree that I hope she works w/ a live band.

Quote:
Maybe they already did something together since Scott is tight with Mathers. Maybe there is a hidden track somewhere and Hallie Jade is the only one that gets to jamn with it. The only thing though I do not want a love ballad something hard and just plain sick. LOL

I like nickname you came up w/ for them. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I hope Scott can get both to work together, pretty sure he knows Christina is something different and a track between 2 of the most criticized artists right now would be tight!

Quote:
Keys I do agree that Christina did some major vocals on that track. It just sounds too much like Christina singing over an Alicia Keys track. I would love to hear Alicia sing Impossible I was hoping at Clive’s Party they would do something together. Guess not.
I was hoping they'll save that performance for the BET awards this year, either that or have her perform Walk Away. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
No! I am not knocking Pharell or Chad’s talent; however, I want her to stay away from the pack. I would not want her working with Timberland either or Missy again. I rather her work with someone new with hunger or stay with Scott and Rudy. As a fan, I do not want to hear her singing on the same tracks as everyone else. You know how I love Reggie, yet I was and still am upset that Roc could not come with something new instead of recycling the same freaking beat.
Have to agree w/ you once again, I was just asking since they seem to work w/ everybody these days!

Quote:
Maybe she should record her Latin and third album at the same time? After her Latin album she follows up right after with another Latin album? How would you promote her? Do you want any duets on this album? How many tracks do you feel she should do? What about working with Linda Perry? Heather and Rob?
I wouldn't want her to record her latin and 3rd album around the same time since I'd want her to concentrate fully on one or the other.

Not sure if I want her working w/ Linda Perry again, I don't want them to say she's hoping for another hit from her. Maybe a collaboration between the two, a song coming out of both of them and not just Linda.

As for the TRL appearance yesterday, I thought she looked incredible and looked truly happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was a busy day for her yesterday and I'm glad she was in such good spirit, must be that Grammy after-glow. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I hate that Quddus interviewed her, if I'm not mistaken he talked bad about her last year I think. And now he's all happy to see her and don't even get me started on the 'TRL Questions?' they gave Missy to ask Christina. 'Does she hate being compated to other pop stars like Brit and Jessica?' Typical MTV there...glad she make some remarks about them too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Like you said, he was trying to start something saying that Kelly stole the song from Christina, glad she explained everything out. Heck I'm surprised they gave her a chance too... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]