View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Jordan23
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

Merge the sounds together I really feel that if she merges the sounds of R&B with Latin tracks it will just have a nice feel to it.
While I agree with that I just don't want Christina to labeled as copying J.Lo's style of combining latin w/ r&b. Though I'm more than sure Christina can pull it off better especially since she has an actual voice!

Quote:
Every single release except Beautiful was produced by Scott. Work with him and Rudy Perez he did her Latin Album right?
I noticed that too about Scott, she works well w/ him and also he's very versatile in the music he does. Definitely work w/ Rudy Perez and from what I hear about the music he produces is great. I think he even worked w/ the late Selena and she had endless hits and unique styles from what was out at the time.

Quote:
Another plus for her combining the two sounds together is showing the world that she is not using her Latin roots for PR. Just might push her Latin album out faster.
Good point there and I hope when she releases her Spnanish album, people will get over thinking she's using her latin roots. A major plus for Christina would be learning the spanish language when releasing her spanish album. Maybe not perfect but able to carry a conversation with it. Not even Selena or J.Lo knew perfect spanish when they released there albums but people were still drawn to them and there music. Hopefully Christina has the same luck...heck I don't even know perfect spanish and I'm hispanic! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
I would never dismiss a Mathers and Aguilera combo. I would love for him to produce a track for her or work together. The main thing is that I do not want her singing some freaking hook. I want a real duet.
Same here, would love for a collaboration from those two but not just the hook. Let them try something different and new...have him sing the hook only and the song belong to her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I have with Alicia Keys producing something for her, when you hear the first chords of Impossible you wonder why this isn’t on Alicia’s album?
You know I always wondered that too, why Alicia didn't use Impossible for her album? I'm not complaining cause Christina sounds great singing it but I'm guessing Alicia just wanted to work w/ Christina. Or at least that's what I get from watching the MTV Diary on Christina, Alicia saying 'we'll be hearing Christina like never before and she's going to kill on the song'. Do you think that maybe Alicia couldn't carry the song like Christina did? They were alot of hard vocals on there....

Quote:
Walk away is my favorite song off the album along with Singing my song (I always wanted her to end with that song over The voice within). The only problem with Walk away is that the song is too long for radio. Remember we are still in the era that PR’s feel that consumers need something quick to the point. And if she did a song, I feel that she would cheat her fans when performing it. Letterman’s show comes to mind.
I agree that I wished she had released Singing my Song as her last single instead of The Voice Within. But either way I'm glad since all the songs she released as singles were all different from each other. You never heard the same thing from her twice...from 'Dirrty' to 'Beautiful' to 'Can't Hold Us Down' to 'The Voice Within'.
I'm hoping that she'll sing at this year's Latin Grammys she'll sing 'Infatuation'...which will help bring back that audience she had w/ the release of her first album. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Just a question....

Would you like for Christina to work w/ the Neptunes? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]