View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Jordan23
Fan Forum Hero

Rem and Chris, great posts and I agree w/ both of ya too. No surprise there! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What do you want her to embrace for this album?
I agree that I'd like to see Christina focus more in Latin and R&B styles instead. Either both mixed together or seperate, I know alot of people didn't like Infatuation but actually that was my favorite track on Strippled b/c it was so into the latin beat and style. Of course I'd love her to do more R&B styles too since I can see her voice thriving in that area much more. I won't complain at all hearing more Impossible's or Walk Away's, just to get back to the music rather than the image, lights, dancers, etc. Even Snoop said that her voice would sound better doing R&B than pop stuff, which will get tiring b/c of all the pop acts out there right now.

What do you want her to stay away from?

I'd want her to try to stay away from pop music though I'm sure she's going to get categorized in that group anyway. Hip-hop collaborations also, like Chris said, maybe on re-mixes only but even then it depends who she collaborates w/. I wouldn't mind a Eminem and Christina duet. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But please no more Lil' Kim collaborations...I'd rather she her collaborate more w/ Alicia or other r&b singers. Definitely try to stay away from MTV since they don't know how to appreaciate her at all, dissing and praising her from one minute to the next. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

We all know Christina has a very versatile voice which she can sing from anything like pop to ballads to rock to r&b. So I wouldn't mind hearing a few more rock types since I just loved Fighter though r&b is where she'll thrive at. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]