View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Gilmoregirl82
Total Fan

Hi all thought I would pop in to let you know what I thought about the revival.

Overall I was happy. I loved that they were able to bring back almost every character. I wish they had more time with Sookie though. I just love Melissa McCarthy. I also loved all the Parenthood cast stopping by to make their little appearances.

I called the whole Rory thing from episode 1. I just had a feeling. Then once she talked to Christopher I kind of knew and it made me believe that the 4 words may have something to do with it.
But here is the thing. I thought this was supposed to be the end. A finale of tying everything and everyone up. If it ends like this and they don't plan on doing any more it kind of leaves me feeling empty. Selfishly I want more. I want to see the next chapter in this new adventure. I think they left it open ended like that so if they had the chance to do more they will. But if this is not in the plan then I don't like this ending.

So I will sum up what I am happy about and not:

Happy L&L got their happy ending.
LOVE LOVE LOVE PARIS. I could watch this girl all day.
Emily in her jeans and tshirt - #win
I think they handled Richards death well.
I like having the Parenthood characters there
Loved that most of the characters were there. I missed having Maury? Babette's man.
Loved Kirk. Quirky and fun as always. "ooo ber" lol

Disappointed:

The musical stuff was way too long and drawn out. I didn't even really like it or think it made much sense.
The hiking stuff also was a bit blase for me.
Wish their was more Dean less Logan.
Not happy Rory is still tramping it around w him while he is engaged.
I honestly thought their would be more humor between Lorelai and Rory. I chuckled a few times at some lines but overall I didn't find the fast talking to be up to the Gilmore standard.

All in all if I rated it out of 5 stars it would get a 4. Only bc the ending left it so open wide and I really wish we did get a real L&L wedding with everyone involved - not to mention it was rushed in like 10 minutes.