View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 AM
podmom
Elite Fan

Hi girls.... slipping in before ppl wake up

Well I kind of hosted....I cooked everything ( my brother in law helps me a lot....we two usually do the cooking....he helps with the turkey and cole slaw and potatoe and turnip cutting up) I do all the baking and the rest. This year we carted everything to my daughters house(cooked the turkey there) cause it is easier with the baby there. My sister and her hubby are with us this year too. They leave today. Emily had thanksgiving with her husbands family but then she came home here yesterday( her husband and his father and brother went to their vacation rustic { ie not enough modern facilities for Emily to like it } and worked on building the cabin/extra bedroom outbuilding they are building themselves)...so that freed her up to come home ) and Liz, her hubby and the three kids came here yesterday for dinner....same meal just cooked anther turkey breast and had the left overs everything else. We played a little football with the kids...Tommy is really into watching football with his dad and really wanted us to play. Podad made a fire outside so the kids liked fiddling with that....throwing leaves and sticks on. The baby did pretty good sleeping here ( I have a crib) but an hour in the car to get and leave here can be a drag.....she only cried the last 20 minutes on the way home home not too bad. I'll get dinner and tonight alone with Emily( which is way calmer!) since sister and bro_inlaw are leaving this morning to drive back to Virginia... Emily will leave tomorrow ( with all the rest of the traffic )

I'm hoping I get to regroup at home Monday

That is a high up song Ekua Nice of you to share your plane thing Yikes never made the spelling connection with the Santa thing interesting

Anna Lee did the cutest little thanksgiving show for us....she had had a paper pilgrim hat from school....she wanted Grace to be the turkey and had made a bib turkey thing for her but Grace was not into it so I made paper pilgrim hats and Indian headdresses for her American Girl dolls and she did an amazing rendition of the whole pilgrim story just from what she has learned at preschool and now school...took like 10 minutes...even drew the Mayflower and sang a song she learned at school and recited a poem. We were all impressed. We saw some show last night where a guy went around to random ppl asking thanksgiving facts....man ppl knew nothing 7 yr old Anna Lee knew way more than these adults. Shocking but kind of funny to watch. Anna Lee has trouble in math and seems to have ADD which makes for learning difficulties but she loves to be on stage and really does well. Interesting.

I hope [B]ML,keepsmiling,Wen and any other ppl who do the turkey thing[/] had a nice one!

Last edited by podmom; 11-26-2016 at 05:49 AM