View Single Post
Old 11-20-2016, 05:27 AM
nikki-jasmine
Dedicated Fan

Season 3 of 'The Affair' Continues with Fractured Points of View

Quote:
We will see in flashbacks what some of those consequences were, and where they took the characters. We will also meet at least one new major character, Juliette Le Gall (Irene Jacob), who comes into Noah’s life.

We know she’s important because Treem says she will be getting her own half-hour of perspective.

All Affair episodes are divided into two parts, with both parts recounting many of the same events from the perspective of two characters.

In the first season, that was only Noah and Alison, as their affair began and we saw that even then, they had very different perceptions on matters like who was the aggressor and who did what when.
In the second season, Cole’s and Helen’s viewpoints were added. (West with Tierney, right.)

Le Gall will be added in the third season and Treem says that down the line a third male character could also be included.

That may depend on how long The Affair runs, which Treem says it an open question at the moment.

“I always saw it running three years,” she says. “But that’s yet to be seen. I don’t have a definite idea right now where the characters will end up when we do finish. I did have some ideas that have already changed.”
---
Also, she suggests the characters protect themselves from “the dark side” by tailoring memories.

That’s the major point of the show, she says, that belief and faith can be the most important factors in shaping our feelings and actions.
So don’t expect The Affair ever to add some neutral third party who explains exactly what did happen with, say, that fatal accident.

“However much longer it runs,” says Treem, “we will continue telling the story through the perspective of the characters.”
If they get S4 and keep Juliette Le Gall as Noah´s new love and add another male character with his own POV, that could mean that Alison, Cole and their child might not be in S4. According to S.Treem Noah is the heart of this show (not Alison). So if the show comes back they might continue with Noah, Helen, their kids, Juliette and a new male character.