View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 02:10 AM
destroyer of worlds
Fan Forum Star

Sorry, Alexa. Hope you can start the next one. I saw that we were due for one but I totally would have waited if I knew you were coming online soon.

I'll bring over the latest survivor round in a second.

Sarah Method post before I leave :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
I think there is a conversation between Clarke and Abby when Clarke realises that her mother and she "are the same" but I can't find it. Moreover, the "Like sucking the air from the lungs of 300 parents so they could save their children." is I think a direct parallel/forshadowing of Clarke and Bellamy choosing to radioactivate Mount Weather and so "sucking the air" of a little over 200 people "so they could save their children" (Bellamy and Clarke's in that case because let's admit it the delinquents are like Clarke and Bellamy's kids).
Ahh, yes. We are not there on the rewatch yet but I'm pretty sure that conversation takes place after Clarke/Abby clash in terms of the Ark leadership. And the delinquents are totally BC's kids in a way. So it makes sense. I do agree with Ana that she was probably referring to TonDC but the same reasoning can also be applied to the MW massacre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
Another thing I find interesting in seson 2 is that when Clarke try to justify her decision regarding the bombs, she immediately answers "I did it to save/protect Bellamy" first to Abby and then Octavia. The first time, Abby cut her in her reasoning "I did it to protect Bellamy... so he could save our people", but after Clarke just stop at "I did it to save Bellamy". It's like an unwilling part of her admits that condamning a lots of people to die to save other people is not right but doing it to save Bellamy make it more acceptable (which actually doesn't but there is no rational reasoning here, Clarke is in shock).
That is an interesting observation ... to her, even though it's actually not rational reasoning, the end goal of saving Bellamy somehow makes the action easy to stomach. And she was more open about why she did it to Octavia since she knows that Octavia would understand it better, compared to her mother, which is probably why she added in the "so he could save our people" line when she talked to Abby instead.

Quote:
Sometimes I feel like this show just scoops Bellarke into our mouths like we are those creepy eager baby birds:

http://www.alef.net/ALEFImages/Anima...rdsFeeding.Gif
Love that baby bird analogy, Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Totally agree with the bolded. It sort of irritated me as people kept whining about season 2 and how little Bellarke we got. It’s true that the two didn’t share a whole lot of screen time, but what they did get was excellent. Plus, even in the moments they were apart their significance to each other was continually highlighted. As has already been pointed out, Clarke’s concern for Bellamy was prevalent throughout the later half of the season. Clarke was barely holding things together without Bellamy at her side.

At the beginning of 2x16, after Lexa’s betrayal, Clarke is totally losing it. She and Octavia are practically at each other’s throats as Octavia throws in Clarke’s face the disasters that lie at her feet. Enter Bellamy…and Monty, Jasper, and Maya. Octavia is appropriately overjoyed to see Bellamy, but then also moves on to greet Monty and Jasper. Whereas Clarke is completely focused on Bellamy and their failed plan. She looks to him to find a solution to their problem. Not that he has one. But with him there she regains her composure and can focus. As Jasper and Monty then rush to her to hug her she looks over their shoulders to mouth a “thank you” to Maya. Clarke is very much aware that without Maya Bellamy - and their people - would not be alive. I really love that little touch of her expressing her gratitude there.

We got a bit of a repeat of this in season 3. Separating these two does nothing but highlight how much better they are together. I just hope that the writers realize that there’s no need to beat a dead horse and don’t separate them yet again in season 4.
Agreed 100%, Kenni. Especially when it comes to the bolded parts. Again, to reiterate, they can make decisions on their own of course but somehow, when the other is there, it just makes their hard decisions a little bit easier to bear and also for the other to focus on the task at hand. They just breathe easier with the other person there.

I love that little moment of Clarke mouthing "thanks" to Maya and it also made me sad, remembering that Maya was a great character in her own respect. Such a shame she didn't survive in the end, even though I figured that she probably wouldn't.

At this point, they are both so attuned to each other and honestly, this is the partnership/co-leadership dynamic that works best and BC prove that season after season. I am not here for any more needless obstacles in their way anymore, BC work best when they're together so I would find it ridiculous if they're separated for massive amounts of time yet again in Season 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
It made canon that Bellamy would do anything for her, and that he was the one person besides Finn she couldn't bear losing. It showed us Clarke giving Bellamy the same importance she gave the boy she was canonly in love with. It gave us those relieved smiles and worried voices and third parties commenting on their already quite obvious strong feelings for each other. Yesterday a friend said "I'm gonna go watch my ship's scenes, 'cause they actually existed", to which I replied "girl, I have three seasons of epic development" and I wouldn't change those for a whole season of sappy obvious cliched romantic pairing. Yes, I want there to be physical scvenes, for them to live it all: kissing, having sex, the whole spectrum. But until then, I'm having a blast following their story.

The shipper goggles in me always took this scene's eyesex as Clarke losing her breath over the sight of him alive and not knowing how to react just yet to seeing him alive, but your view on it, sadly, makes more sense
Word. Season 2 gave us so much in terms of subtle scenes which served to highlight how deeply BC's relationship has progressed from their previous antagonistic relationship at the very start. We got a canonical confirmation that Clarke loves Bellamy ... what could be better than that? And third party commenting is my Kryptonite. "You care about him.", "Start with Bellamy Blake.", "Too bad you were never that devoted to Gina" ...

Who said it can't be both?

Yeah, all of us I think want that at that point because DOH but until then, I'm perfectly happy/satisfied as to how their relationship has been built up. I'm here for real, raw relationships like theirs and not the sappy, obvious type of ships because those have been done to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Do you guys feel like a hook up between B/C could happen? Im not asking if you like the idea or not, just do you think its possible that maybe in an intense situation something happens between them? Whether or not it continues after that first time or whatever. Cuz I thought about it today and them knowing they might die could potentially spark something new. Or maybe I'm delusional. lol.
Nah, I'll be totally down for that if the scene is written well. B/E will definitely do it justice so I'm not worried in that respect. I agree with Kate here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanIcallYouKate (View Post)
I think it's entirely possible that something could happen between them in an intense situation. And that's not even just a TV trope but happens in RL all the time. A perceived threat of losing someone can bring out a sudden burst of emotion and whatever rational thoughts you might have had, convincing you to pursue your feelings was a bad idea, can be totally thrown to the wind

They could tease us with a quick kiss (more?) and leave us dangling for an episode or two, where neither characters are brave enough to address the situation?

Ahh delusion land suits me just fine
I love that scenario, Kate. Let's hope the writers have the same idea about it ... plus, Clarke is also so tactile when it comes to Bellamy, more so than anyone else, so it makes sense IMO. Though I still want Bellamy to initiate the kiss due to the reasons which we have previously discussed.

I definitely feel like if these two end up kissing, that won't be the start of their romantic relationship. Given what we know about this show, it's never that easy and I'm all for beautiful, sweet angst and UST anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
I still haven't finished Adie's thread. I feel guilty. But I got distracted with this new Bob survivor. I'll finish her thread soon, but probably not in time for #133. Unless we slow way down.

I would imagine it was especially painful during October of last year.
Yay, Adie's thread. Well, we do take almost two weeks for a thread now ... I miss the one-thread-a-day even though it got insane but we'll be there again. But in any case, take your time.

You know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I do NOT ship Sarah and April.
Why not though?

Forgot to say it before but Margaux, hope you feel better soon.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 11-19-2016 at 02:18 AM