View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 08:06 PM
Slayerette89
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay (View Post)
I'm currently watching 7x18. So I'll definitely be done before the revival. Yay! That was my goal.
Great! You must be done by now. Rewatching it all before the revival is my goal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrellingTralk (View Post)
I found it interesting to recently read a comment from Amy that Rory's ending was the thing that was the most different from her original vision, because I always thought that the show ended very strongly for Rory when she rejects Logan's proposal so that she could go off and do her own thing in journalism. It felt like a very Rory ending, so it makes me wonder what Amy had planned that would have been so different from that
Thanks for sharing that, I had no idea she said that. Tbh, I’m not too thrilled about it. I too loved that ending for Rory. But, regardless of how I would have felt about any sls APS would have done, I think it’s appropriate for the show creator to end the story the way she sees fit. It is her story after all. I’m glad she has that chance now.

I'm done with 10-17

- “It was such a small window -- a peephole, really. For years, I was this repressed kid, and then there was the briefest of windows. And then -- slam. All of a sudden, I'm this overburdened mother. I barely got to do it, Zach. I barely got the chance to be a person.” is the saddest line on this show ever for me. Why did the writers do this to Lane?

- Not a fan of Sookie’s unwanted pregnancy either. Like we needed another women forced to endure it this season.

- I’ve grown to like Emily as a character but my feelings about her as person are rather mixed. It’s clear her growing up in a patriarchal society is to blame for her views of women and male/female relationships. Under different circumstances, maybe she would have had different views and made different choices that would have made her happier. But, of course, there is also the fact that she has the race and class priviledge, which she handles in the worst possible way.

- Much though I hate the pregnancy sl, unconventional baby shower for Lane was very appropriate and fun.

- Gil showed up (to both band “practice” and the shower)! I was starting to think they ditched him. Always nice to see Hep Alien scenes.

- I also continue to love the development of Mrs. Kim’s relationship with Lane. They’ve come so far.

- There was a bit of Gilmores/Kims in that baby shower episode, which I also always appreciate. Family dynamics in general is great on this show, but I especially love the family dynamics between women in those two families.

- Luke having scenes with Lane and Zach and being a godfather to their children makes me so happy. Luke is probably my second favorite character after Lane, so this is perfect. I didn’t even cringe when they disturbed Luke. And I usually do cringe on his behalf when he has to attend events he doesn’t’ want to attend, especially on short notice [the dinner] and when ppl invade his space and time, disturbing his peace and quiet [Zach showing up early to help open up and chatting all the way though Luke obviously doesn’t like to talk first thing in the morning].

- Zach working in the dinner was cute in general.

- Poor Chris. I can’t exactly say he didn’t have it coming (by it, I mean losing Lorelai) given how he behaved towards her all along but I still feel bad for him. He’s just too charismatic and sympathetic for me to hate. I didn’t, however, appreciate him referring to Jackson as “the farmer” this season. And I think he said something similarly meant as demeaning about Luke too. One of the reasons I don’t dislike him and Lorelai as individual characters is that, despite their wealth, they never seemed to look down on ppl who don’t have as much money and power as they do, unlike their parents. Which is not to say they didn't act entitled at some points of the show.

- Speaking of too charismatic and sympathetic to hate, I feel same way about Logan. I have quite a few issues with some of the things he says and does, but he’s overall likeable to me.

- CL are probably my favorite romantic relationship on this show, but I always knew they don’t stand a chance form the way they were written and I’m not too displeased with their ending. It was pretty mature and dignified.

- I also like LL and am pleased they made it clear enough they still aren’t over each other. But I feel they didn’t leave enough time for celebrating the reunion of what was always the show’s otp. The revival will probably fix that.